Sunday, September 2, 2007

It is Revealed!

Wow. What a day. At 6:50pm, 23 orphans from Lima, Peru saw their new and improved home. It was amazing. Let me start by saying thanks to the whole team. The camp team loved and took care of the girls for three days of non stop fun. Work crew, you rock. I have built sets, renovated Churches, but I have never seen people do so much in such a short amount of time before. Flamingo Road, you should be proud of this group.
I will tell you that as each girl entered the house, they were blown away. Tears began and didn't stop until we pulled away 2 hours later and waved goodbye. Each time a new room was revealed, you could hear screaming and yelling from all the girls. One of the little ones said that she was in the wrong house, that she was probably in the neighbors house and they were in hers.
One of the older girls told us that she had always felt as if she slept in a baby crib, and now she is in a big adult bed. She is 22!
Another girl sat on her bunk looking at her gift bag filled with goodies and hummed so loudly that we all heard her.
I would love to show you the pictures of before and after, but I have been sworn to secrecy. If you want to get a glimps of the reveal you will have to come to church during the month of December where the videos will walk you through the whole experience. I do have some photos, so I will show you some for a small donation into my own personal account.
God Bless

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Wow. You made me cry.

all day (allen d) said...

great job my love. i really wish i could have been there! that most have been an overwhelming time. tell everybody way to go. cya tomorrow-love you.

JanIS . . . said...

Hey girl, way to go! I can't wait to hear more about it and see videos. Worth coming to church in December for! Have fun today and have a safe trip home. Happy early birthday!!

Love, J